rss feed | youtube | links | the burning log
Monday, September 27, 2004
Another round of life lessons
Things I learned last night:
- Homeless men dressed like jesters bearing a strong resemblance Gandalf the Grey have no respect for mundane traffic laws. They'll march down the middle of a busy avenue, completely indifferent to your 2,000 pound motor vehicle hurtling down a busy avenue at 30 MPH. If confronted with this sort of individual you'll inevitably have to yield the right of way or risk being turned into a toad.
- Pooeyhoo isn't the only one infatuated with Princess Maker II. There are others out there like him. On a related note, Shanna's destiny doing voice acting for Cartoon Network imports is one step closer. Well, kinda.
- Searching for an open gas station in Albany at 11:30 on a Sunday night...sucks. The town's "scent" (the whole place reeks of wet barkdust) doesn't help matters.
- There is no such thing as too much edamame.
- A 40 oz. bottle of Steel Reserve, when dropped* a mere 6 inches onto a soft carpet, will suddenly become the malt liquor equivalent of a firehose, dousing the drinker and the surrounding 12 square-feet of carpet. Such an incident will inevitably ruin an entire evening.
- There is at least one man in this world with the name "Virgil Rocks."
* I didn't do it. Honest.