rss feed | youtube | links | the burning log
Thursday, April 22, 2004
Links! Links! Links!
Here they come! Rapid fire!
- Since Indiana Jones IV is a long shot at this point, Steven Speilberg has moved on to a remake of War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise set to star. Just released today: he's also working on a film about the hostage situation at the 1972 Munich Olympics. Boooo, George Lucas, booooo!
- Naughty Nintendo hacks? Naked Punch-Out? Wilfred Brimley Donkey Kong complete with malicious, floating bowls of oats? Free and ripe for the plucking? No! Get out! I don't believe it!
- The Watchmen, which many consider to be the bestest-est graphic novel ever, is going into production with Darren "Heroin is Baaaad" Aronfosky set to direct. Don't hold your breath. His last two projects, The Fountain and Batman: Year One, never got off the ground.
- Hulk Hogan meets the Cheerios bee? Wuzzles? Mike Tyson selling video games? Invisible GI Joes? It's a treasure trove of '80s commercials.
- Boondocks makes the cut but Get Fuzzy gets off easy? Lame!
- "The End" DOES NOT belong on a list of the worst 50 pop songs of all time. And surely Blender can do better than "We Built This City" for the #1 slot.