rss feed | youtube | links | the burning log
Tuesday, January 06, 2004
Blog Vs. Snow - Day 1
Today marks the eighth straight day of unusually cold weather in the Portland area. On New Years Day, an unprecedented amount of Snow dropped in uninvited and unnannounced. It was also the first day of this frigid string of days inconvenienced Blog.
Snowbound and stuck at home on a day off, Blog officially declared war on Snow. Who will come out the victor in this conflict? That remains undecided. Here is the first installment of the ongoing battle from the very beginning.
In this corner, weighing in at a whopping 150 pounds is the master of half-assed digital photography, the slinger of internet bitching Blog Jesus Xavier McRodriguez!
In this corner, embodied as a poorly-made snowman, is the Thunder from the North, Mr "HA! I Made Your Car Slide Into a Ditch!" himself, he who puts the "sno" in SnoCone, Snow.
DING! DING! DING!
- Snow breaks off to an early lead after drenching Blog's house in 5.5 inches of frigid glop. 4 points.
- Blog fires back with a shovel, clearing his driveway of all powdery ice. 1 point.
- Snow freezes Blog's hands and drenches his jacket and shirt as he struggles to put chains on his tires. 1 point.
- Blog successfully installs the chains, which will hopefully pull into a large lead in day 2. 2 points.
- Snow conspires with a group of neighborhood children to launch a daring snowball attack. 2 points.
- Blog returns fire with a massive bombardment. His amazing aim and skill forces Snow's merchenaries to retreat behind a Toyota Tundra. 2 points.
- Blog spends the evening in front of an Xbox with a bottle of Kahlua while Snow is stuck out in the cold. 3 points.
At the end of day one, Blog trails Snow by a single point. The score is: